Allison Haley Luffman is the regional manager of Showplace Design Center in Nashville, Tennessee. In addition to her professional responsibilities, which include field investigation, quality control, and sales, Allison Haley Luffman works with Hands On Nashville, a local volunteer collective.
Hands On Nashville matches volunteer opportunities with individuals and businesses and enables community groups to locate volunteers for their own events. The organization offers six programs to members who want to give back to their community.
1. The Corporate Partner Program works with corporations to manage customized volunteer projects for philanthropic businesses.
2. Youth Volunteer Corps gives youth between the ages of 11 and 18 an opportunity to serve their community. School groups and sports teams can sign up for group projects.
3. The Home Energy Savings Program makes low-income homes in the city more efficient. Volunteers make improvements to energy efficiency and safety.
4. The Urban Agriculture Program works to make healthy food available to low-income communities. The program tackles gardening, proper eating habits, and food access issues.
5. The Waterway Cleanup and Restoration Program strives to improve the conditions of streams, creeks, and rivers in Davidson County.
6. Emergency Response partners with the Mayor’s Office of Emergency Management, training volunteers for emergency, disaster, and relief situations.